Nurses Educational Funds, Inc
The criteria that are given the most consideration when selecting candidates are:
- Academic excellence, which is given first priority; and
- Potential for contributing to the profession.
To qualify for an NEF award, you must be:
- A registered nurse;
- A member of a professional nursing association;
- Enrolled full- or part-time in a NLNAC or CCNE accredited nursing Masters degree program, having completed a minimum of 12 credits (at the time of application) with a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher
- Enrolled full- or part-time in a doctoral program in nursing or a nursing related field, with a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher;
- A U.S. citizen or have declared your official intention of becoming one.
NEF scholarships are given for a full academic year and are non-renewable. Completed applications, including all support material must be received in the NEF office no later than February 1. If all materials do not reach us by that date, your entire application will be declared ineligible.
There is a small, non-refundable processing fee of $20 for each application. Checks should be made payable to NEF and included with your application.
NEF scholarships are competitive. The number of awards and the amount of each depend upon available funds. To increase your chances of obtaining the financial aid you need to attend school, we suggest that you investigate other additional sources of funds.
NURSES EDUCATIONAL FUNDS, INC., IS AN INDEPENDENT, NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION WHICH GRANTS SCHOLARSHIPS TO REGISTERED NURSES BY RAISING CONTRIBUTIONS FROM CORPORATIONS, FOUNDATIONS, NURSES, AND INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN THE ADVANCEMENT OF NURSING.