You Are Invited to the NEF Gala
on May 19, 2022
Please join NEF on Thursday, May 19, 2022 from 6pm to 8pm at the Griffis Faculty Club, (New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center) 521 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10065, when we honor the newly established Rita Reis Wieczorek Scholarship for Maternal-Infant & Pediatric Nursing and celebrate the NEF “2021 - 2022” Scholars.
We hope you will support NEF’s annual fundraiser and become an NEF sponsor.
Sponsorships are available at these levels:
Pearl ($1,000), Topaz ($2,500), Ruby ($5,000), Sapphire ($10,000), Emerald ($25,000), and Diamond ($50,000), creating a permanent named scholarship.
To become a sponsor you can:
- Make a sponsor contribution online directly to NEF at: https://www.n-e-f.org/sponsorship
- Mail a check payable to NEF for a sponsorship to
NEF 137 Montague Street, Ste.144, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
A donation can also be made directly to the Rita Reis Wieczorek Scholarship by going to this link:
by writing a check, payable to NEF and mailing it to
NEF, 137 Montague Street, Ste. 144, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
The 2021 NEF Gala Sponsors
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- NYU Langone Health
- New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- The Robert and Rita Wieczorek Charitable Fund
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY)
- Cynthia Davis Sculco, EdD, RN, Vice President of NEF
- Ann Vanderberg, MA, MBA, RN, NEA-C
- Diane Mancino, EdD, RN, CAE, FAAN
- Joan Marren, MEd, MA, RN, President of NEF
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Nicolette Fiore-Lopez, PhD, RN, CNEP
- PDV Health Consulting
- Pace University College of Health Professions
- The University of Rhode Island College of Nursing
Nursing care and nursing leadership has rarely been so tested as it is now. We are inspired by the continuing dedicated and dangerous work of all health care professionals on the frontlines. Two members of the NEF Board of Directors and our NEF Scholar Liaison Board Member are working in leadership capacities in three of the major healthcare institutions in the New York Metropolitan area dealing with the day-to-day challenges.
The virtual office of NEF is open and this year's NEF Scholars biographies and photos are posted under 2021-2022 Scholars. Please view the accomplishments and academic goals of these exceptional nurses.
The core of NEF’s mission is to promote nursing leadership by awarding scholarships to support nurses studying in doctoral and master’s nursing programs throughout the United States. NEF intends to honor that mission now as we have for the past 109 years.
NEF’s sole mission is to raise money for scholarships in graduate nursing education, advanced clinical practice, research, and administration.
In this Year of the Nurse and the Midwife, we hope you will consider making a gift of any amount to NEF to support future nurse leaders.
A permanent named scholarship may be created through NEF to recognize or perpetuate the memory of a loved one (living or deceased), a nursing leader, a community leader, a special friend, a family member, or significant other.
Please make the support of nurse leaders your priority for 2020. Nurses can transform lives.
Click on the red DONATE icon above and follow the prompts to make a donation online.
A check may be made out to NEF and mailed to:
NEF, 137 Montague Street, Ste. 144, Brooklyn NY 11201